Yay! It's Five for Friday time with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
Here are 5 random photos from my week:
1. I went book shopping with my sister over the weekend. Our libraries have these awesome book sales a few times a year where you can buy children's books for .25/each. It's a teacher's paradise! The books are all in pretty decent condition. They are books that the library is getting rid of or are donated by the community. I got 32 books for only $8.00! I probably would have grabbed more if I had more hands!
2. And then my neighbor was having a yard sale. She had about 45 Dear America books for sale. She wanted $1.00/each for them. My mom guilt-tripped her into selling me the whole box for $15! My classroom library is stocked now!
3. Wednesday was my 2nd wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, my husband is on the other side of the country for work. He sent me a bouquet of my favorite flowers to work though! My poor teacher's aide had to carry this heavy vase (filled with water and rocks) up three flights of stairs! She said it was worth it though. I kept them at school because they really brighten up the room.
4. We had E. Coli in our water this week. That meant using bottled water to drink, cook and brush our teeth. Not fun! Thankfully, it is gone now.
5. It took me a while to finish this set, but my Open House set is finally up and ready to go! I made Open House is a Hoot! over the summer, but teachers were looking for a more basic one that didn't have an owl theme. So I finally created Open House: The Basics. Here's a sneak peek!