Happy Friday! Here are my five random photos from the past week.
1. Christmas vacation ended this week. Kinda. We went back to school yesterday, but then a big snowstorm hit. We went home earlier and got a snowday today! There was only about 8 inches, but I don't think my road was plowed until about 10:00am. That would have made for a difficult commute!
2. We didn't get much snow, but it's bitterly cold. Even the pup is curled up in the house! Fleece blankets are his new favorite thing. If we can't find him now, we always check underneath the blankets. So cute!
3. I got to do a lot of reading this vacation! Here are three that I've completed. All great books and I'll share more about them and my thoughts in the coming weeks! The Book Whisperer is actually a re-read, in preparation for reading her new book, Reading in the Wild.
4. I found out that I get to teach Social Studies this trimester and I am super excited about it! It's my favorite subject, especially American History. I'm using this snow day to do some major planning! If you have any ideas for 5th Grade American History, send them my way!
5. As I was planning for reading/writing this trimester, I had a lightbulb moment! I re-typed the curriculum and added ideas from Pinterest that correlate to each concept to be taught. It's a great visual for me to have on hand.
Have a great weekend!