So, I have to say that I was kind of dreading this past week. It was going to be super busy with late night meetings, retirement parties, physical therapist appointments, field trip, Valentine's Day party, assemblies. I got tired just thinking about it. I was looking forward to some great lessons with my students regarding informational writing, however. My goal was to finish their first informational writing piece before next week's vacation.
Let's just say none of the above happened. I'll let this week's Five for Friday do the talking.
1. I got to school Tuesday morning and the nurse sent me home with pink eye. I headed to the doctor for eye drops, but never made it. Instead I ended up in the hospital with early contractions. Got to spend a scary 24 hours there. Once they determined that baby and I were okay, they sent me home with strict instructions of bed rest for the next week and half.
2. So, I ended up lounging on the couch with this cutie. I discovered after about an hour that bed rest is super boring. It is not easy for this girl-on-the-go to just sit. I guess it's nature's way of just telling me to slow down. Luckily I only missed 3 days of work, since we had yet another snow day. Our poor kids had their field trip cancelled for the second time. We may never make it to the planetarium!
3. For Valentine's Day weekend, my husband and I were supposed to head North so that he could go skiing. We decided that was not a good idea. Instead I crashed at my parents house (we are having our floors refinished), with a stack of books to read and chocolate, of course! I was super sad that I missed Valentine's Day with my students, though.
4. I chose to read Wonder first. Amazing book!! I couldn't put it down. Our team decided to use to read it to our classes as part of our narrative/point of view unit. I can't wait to share it with my kids! I highly recommend it. Very well written and a strong message for students.
5. I'm DONE with snow. D.O.N.E. We are in that 6-10 range. It's our third storm this week. Luckily I don't have to anywhere, but I'm ready to see the grass again!
See what everyone else was up to this week over at Doodle Bugs Teaching!