The weekend is almost over, but I wanted to join up with the Weekend Warriors to share a few things about myself!
1. I am all about routines! I think they are crucial in a classroom. It helps students know what to expect so that they can focus their concentration on learning. Some might think that routine = boring. I disagree!
2. Social Studies and Reading are my absolute favorite subjects. Lucky for me, those are the 2 subjects that I get to teach! And my 5th grade social studies curriculum (American History) takes the cake!
3. Making connections with students is a HUGE part of teaching. Students learn better when they know that their teacher cares about them. Whether we discuss a sporting event, a book or their vacation plans, I always make sure to touch base with all of my kids. This year, one of my students had the same 3rd grade teacher as me (in a different district) - talk about a connection!
These two were originally on The Teacher Me board, but I realized they spilled over into my real life as well.
1. I have a passion for learning. Whether it's about my profession or a new skill (helllooo TpT), I always want my brain to be moving. I am always reading...professional books, novels, etc.
2. Yeah, I'm organized. Yeah, I get teased for my organization. Yeah, I don't care. A place for everything and everything in it's place (usually labeled) is my motto. I can't stand clutter. I can't even watch the commercials for those hoarder shows. Seriously. My friend once joked that my idea of a mess is a neatly stacked pile in the corner.
I've been lucky enough to visit Hawaii twice and, in doing so, I fell in love with the islands. Now, I want to live there. I want to live like a local to experience their culture and way of life. The gorgeous beaches and warm weather are just an added bonus!